Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mini Spinach Dip Bites and Name Change

Last weekend my husband and I went to a friends house to celebrate their recent move to our area! Everyone brought apps and I decided to try something new. I have seen recipes for spinach dip bites on Pintrest but I really did not want to do too much baking or cooking ....I mean it was a Friday night and all I could think about was a nice tall drink!

So I decided to modify all these recipes and create my own that didn't require baking crescent rolls, fancy kitchen tools (all you need is a spoon and a baking pan), or actually making my own spinach dip, maybe someday I will but for this day I took the easy way out.

Ingredients
  • Phyllo shells ($1.98  a pack, each pack has 15 shells, I used 2 packs for 6 people)
  • Spinach and artichoke dip (Publix brand is my favorite, they sell it in the deli area price varies usually around $3.50)
  • Mozzarella/Parmesan Cheese (depends on if you use fresh or bagged)
Directions:
  • Fill the Phyllo shells with the dip
  • Top with Mozzarella and/or Parmesan Cheese
  • Bake according to phyllo shell package (I believe it is only about 8 minutes)
  • Serve.
Simple, and so easy, and only 3 ingredients! They were a huge hit, and the lightness and flakiness of the phyllo shell was perfect. There was no huge mess to clean up and the total time to prepare and cook was about 15 minutes! This is defiantly a quick and easy appetizer that is sure to wow your guests!


Sorry, it was a little dark when I took the picture

NAME CHANGE
I also decided to change the name of my blog to The Inspired Collection. I really wanted to feature some of my favorite recipes, and as I began writing and adding more blogs, I really did not feel like the title encompassed what this blog is really about. It really is a collection of my projects, my designs and my recipes. My husband and I brainstormed last night, and after tossing around a few ideas I settled with The Inspired Collection and I love it. I hope that my collection of crafts and DIY projects and recipes inspire you to try my ideas or create your own!! As always, thanks for reading and all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment